River Creek History
River Creek History
River Creek is a planned community in Loudoun County, Virginia. It is recognized as the first gated country club community in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. River Creek is a joint venture project of The Tower Companies, Montgomery Development, and ClubCorp USA, Inc. The community welcomed its first residents in 1997. The last new homes built in the community were completed in the 2008-2009 timeframe.
River Creek was once the site of numerous sprawling plantation estates on the Potomac River beginning in the 18th century and lasting until the 1960s. The area was originally known as Edward’s Ferry and because of its location on the Potomac River, it has played a vital role throughout American history.
In August 1814, during the War of 1812 when the United States government was temporarily moved to Leesburg, patrols of American soldiers and Virginia Militia kept guard against the threat of further British advance up the Potomac Valley.
In and around the current River Creek property during the American Civil War, the Battle of Ball’s Bluff occurred on October 21, 1861. The golf course is located on top of where Union troops came ashore and skirmished with Confederate troops in the Edward’s Ferry portion of the battle. Artifacts from River Creek’s over two hundred years of history are on display at its Community Information Center.
River Creek Amenities
RIVER CREEK COMMUNITY AMENITIES AND FEATURES
- Private, gated community with security patrols
- 18-hole River Creek golf course and golf shop (www.rivercreekgolf.net)
- Clubhouse on the Potomac with formal and casual dining 6 days/week
- Sports bar and outdoor terrace dining
- Separate swimming pools for adults and children
- Professional tennis pro and outdoor lighted tennis courts
- Sports clubhouse with fitness center and massage services
- Ball fields, volleyball courses and boat launch for canoes and small boats
- Hiking and biking trails
- Clubhouse social events ranging from Wine Tasting to Friday night mixers
- Community clubs: book, gourmet, bridge, art, tennis, home & garden, mom’s group, etc.
- Quarterly Community News magazine: “Reflections”
- Loudoun County Schools: 2010 named among best nationwide
- Twenty minutes from Dulles International airport
- Shopping convenience at Leesburg Outlet Mall and Dulles Town Center
- Award winning best planned community
Golf Advantages at River Creek
Advantages of River Creek Vs. Other Golf Courses at Nearby Communities
(See Membership Fees for Golf Membership Options)
- The River Creek Golf Club is owned and operated by Club Corporation which offers reciprocity with hundreds of top-notch country clubs around the country for a minimal additional monthly fee.
- Most of the 500 golf club members are River Creek residents: there is no competition for greens with resort guests or the general public.
- Membership includes course usage for all family members under the age of 23.
- The golf course is open all year and provides golfers who reside in River Creek with challenging golf experiences while accommodating beginners and youths through shorter tees and educational programs
- Golf initiation fees are very reasonable, and are often refundable or transferable to new owners, depending on the original membership contract.
- There is a new and growing golf program for juniors in cooperation with local high schools.
- Club Corp’s management has steadily increased membership and club participation, resulting in financial stability that allows annual improvements to be funded without special assessments.
Memberships and Dues
River Creek Social Club Membership: Monthly Dues $90.00 month
- Membership is required of all residents of River Creek
- Includes use of main clubhouse, restaurant, pools, tennis courts, exercise facilities and full access to private club social events
- No monthly minimums for restaurant and grill use
- Includes golf course use 4 times a year (2-off season and 2 in-season Tues.-Thurs)
- Golf as a guest of someone who belongs to the golf club up to 6 times a year
- One time Initiation fee of $750 (waived with golf membership)
RIver Creek Full Privilege Membership: One-Time Initiation Fee* plus Monthly Dues of $650 month
- Includes all benefits of River Creek’s social membership (above)
- All members of a family may take advantage of golf priviledges (including children up to age 23)
- Allows use of the golf facilities without paying green and practice range fees plus 1 locker
- Includes use of the tennis courts without court fees
- Some membership levels make initiation fees refundable and transferable upon a home’s sale
- * Initiation Fees vary. Membership capped at 500 members.
Note: Members have the option to upgrade their membership to take advantage of enhanced Associate Club privileges that include access to over 175 associate clubs, affiliates and resort destinations worldwide.
River Creek Golf Fees/ Initiation Fees (subject to change)
Refundable Full Golf:
$11,000 Initiation Deposit-The ID can be financed over three years beginning with $2,750 due at enrollment. The other installments are billed on the Members 1st, 2nd and 3rd anniversary at the club.
Non-Refundable Full Golf:
$8,500 Initiation Fee-The IF can be financed over three years beginning with $2,125 due at enrollment. The other installments are billed on the Members 1st, 2nd and 3rd anniversary at the club.
River Creek Corporate Account
$21,000 Non-Refundable Initiation fee
Membership is owned by the company, which may designate up to 4 employees to exercise privileges under the membership.
Each Corporate Designee maintains separate dues account, for which the company is jointly, and severally liable Membership Member maintains a set of separate dues
$650 for over 40
$412 for Junior Members anyone under 40
ONE Membership included (this allows 50% off all food purchased at the Club’s dining facilities)
Company may change a designee up to one time per year for $650 fee or if a junior designee, $412. If a member leave the Corporate Account would like to stay a Golf member of River Creek Club the exiting member has the option to pay a reclassification fee of one-month dues to keep the membership at River Creek Club.